First, I wanted to thank you all for your support and loyalty to us over all these years. We really do all that we do for you, our followers and customers, and we are always so happy to see that you are excited about our new products and fabrics. It makes our day around here... really does!
We want to remind everyone that our company is primarily about fabric design and patterns. That will always be the core of who we are and what we provide to the fabric industry. At the same time we are retailers at heart and started off that way before we were ever designers and when we see a need for something that we can offer, we want to meet it. We want as many of you as possible to have access to as much Fig Tree as you need and want! There are SO MANY wonderful stores out there that carry our fabrics and patterns and WE LOVE THEM so much. We will always support them and encourage you to shop with them as much as possible! We also recognize that so many of you are not anywhere near stores that love Fig Tree as much as you do and we want to be here for you!
... our upcoming "FIGS & WOOLIES" patterns. More info soon.
But we are also not set up as a traditional shop and don't have the capacity to meet all the demand that you all seem to have LOL! Both our kit pre-order program and our BOM programs have grown tremendously and we try to keep up with you guys as much as possible but we can only do so much. In fact we started the kit pre-orders as a way of ensuring that everyone who wanted a Fig Tree kit, could get one and that we wouldn't run out. We don't do pre-orders on BOM's because we are only able to create a certain amount of spots based on space, fabric and time!
We are purposely a small business with some wonderful and committed help and we couldn't do any of it without them! But they don't want to work 24/7 either :-).
We always do the most that we possibly can when we see that the demand is greater than we originally offered but we are limited by space and time. Please understand that this is not because we don't understand the business or because we can't manage our inventory [both have been suggested to me as reasons why we seem to sell out of some things so quickly] but because we stay smaller on purpose in the interest of serving our needs and those of our family.
We hope that you will continue to support us as even though you know that we might not always have enough of something that you really want. We love you guys!
12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS... LET THE GAMES BEGIN
Okay, now on to the insanity that is the 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS SALE! Speaking of not being able to meet demand... geesh! This is the 5th year we have done this crazy sale and each year you all amaze us with your desire to shop with us! We love it but again, we literally only have so much space and we are not planning on purchasing a nearby warehouse anytime soon. So if you decide to participate with us during this sale, please know that most everything will sell out the day it is offered. It really will. The folks who are most successful in getting what they want have found some way to set alerts on their phones and laptops, etc. so that they know exactly when the items go live. I am not your technical help on how to do that... maybe you should ask the teenagers in your life for some help! Just remember that this kind of a crazy sale that rewards those that are willing to shop like crazy and sit by the computer and wait, is just not for everyone. We completely understand that and want you to know what you are getting into before you jump in!
Again, it is a crazy amount of fun and lots of great things will be offered but you have to be prepared! So here is some info...
PREPARING FOR THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS SALE:
IN PAST YEARS, MANY OF YOU HAVE ASKED WHAT IS THE BEST/MOST ACCURATE WAY TO KNOW WHEN WE HAVE POSTED THAT DAY'S SALE. SINCE WE WILL CHANGE THE TIMES THAT WE POST THE PRODUCTS TO GIVE PEOPLE ON BOTH COASTS AS WELL AS INTERNATIONAL A BETTER CHANCE TO PARTICIPATE, YOU HAVE TO "FOLLOW" US IN SOME WAY.
EACH DAY WE WILL SEND OUT OUR NEWSLETTER, WRITE A BLOG POST AND TRY TO LET YOU KNOW VIA INSTAGRAM.
THE MOST RELIABLE WAYS ARE THE NEWSLETTER AND INSTAGRAM. IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLOG, THE SUBSCRIPTION OFTEN COMES LATE OR THE FOLLOWING DAY. THE DESCRIPTION OF THAT DAY'S PRODUCTS WILL BE ON THE BLOG EACH DAY BUT YOU MIGHT WANT ANOTHER FORM OF FINDING OUT THAT WE HAVE "GONE LIVE" FOR THAT DAY. Generally the blog subscription is a wonderful way to know what is going on around here and to see updates and will often give you info that won't be in our newsletter. But for information that is as timely as updates about the 12 DAYS sale, the newsletter or IG are the ways to go because they are immediate and you can see/notice them right away.
IF YOU HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO CREATE SOME KIND OF AN ALERT, YOU MIGHT WANT TO DO THAT.
12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS INFO...
PLEASE READ ALL THE DETAILS
AS SOME INFO HAS CHANGED
* The Fig Tree 12 Days of Christmas sale starts on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, and lasts for 12 days [usually with a Sunday off here or there].
* Each day a different kit, stocking stuffer and/or home dec goodie will be advertised- on some days several of each! WE HAVE SO MANY YUMMY GOODIES THIS YEAR! Each day a special DAILY DEAL will be made as well.
* Each special offer will only become available on that one day. Each goodie will only be available while stock lasts. Most of the items offered will sell out on that day, some will last a few days. Please believe us that some items will sell out crazy fast [in minutes] and some will last all day based on popularity and stock. Although we try and anticipate the demand, we are often surprised by your enthusiasm and are limited by how much stock we can carry of any given item.
* We never know which ones will sell out the fastest! If we are able to get more in stock of any popular product, we will try but we can't guarantee that anything that sells out will come back in stock. If they can, it will not be a part of the sale but something that we offer after Christmas for a separate January delivery.
* For those of you who want to continue to purchase items throughout the 12 days of the sale but want us to hold your purchases for one shipment, YOU NEED TO BUY-A-BOX. SEE MORE INFO BELOW. The box is an actual product available on our homepage. You only need to purchase it once either before the sale starts or on the first day that you purchase a 12DAYS item- but you need to purchase it as an actual product once. Then for all the remaining purchases you make, you will simply choose the "I BOUGHT A BOX" option in the shipping directions during the checkout process. PLEASE READ BELOW FOR NEW INFO on the BUY-A-BOX option.
*** PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS OUR SHIPPING OPTIONS HAVE CHANGED THIS YEAR ***
Just like in past years of the 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS we offer you the choice to hold all of your daily goodies to be shipped together at the end of the sale so you can save money on the shipping costs and keep adding goodies throughout the 12 days! Its an awesome option and a lot of fun! This year we are continuing our special shipping system, called "BUY-A-BOX" and have added the "BUY-A-ENVELOPE" option.
This is how it will now work:
Given the crazy, popularity of this sale for us, each year we have to make some adjustments based on the past year's sale. This year, just as last year, in order to "play along" with the 12 days of the sale, you need to first BUY-A-BOX or BUY-AN-ENVELOPE.
If you think that you will mostly buy small items and are primarily interested in the daily deals and the stocking stuffers, then you should BUY-AN-ENVELOPE. If your goodies "spill" out of the envelope, we will upgrade you to a medium box... AT NO EXTRA CHARGE. Once your medium box fills, we will send it to you along with an email that your box has shipped. Depending on what day of the sale it is and if you plan on continuing for the remaining days, you will then be able to decide if you wish to buy another envelope or box in order to continue with the sale or not.
If you think that you will be trying to get kits, fabrics and some of the "bigger ticket" items and you are a die hard 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS fan, then you should BUY-A-BOX. If your goodies "spill" out of the medium box, we will upgrade you to a large box... AT NO EXTRA CHARGE. Once your large box fills, we will send it to you along with an email that your box has shipped. Depending on what day of the sale it is and if you plan on continuing for the remaining days, you will then be able to decide if you wish to buy another box in order to continue with the sale or not.
If your envelope or box does not fill throughout the sale, it will remain until the last day and it will ship on that day.
The biggest change from last year - for those of you who have participated before- is that once your allotted box has filled, we will need to ship it and you can decide if you wish to purchase another box. This is still a fabulous shipping deal! Not only because we will be upgrading you one shipping category at our cost, but because you can keep shopping knowing that we will continue to put items in your box until we absolutely cannot add anything else! The reason we are changing the shipping from the past is because of the sheer volume of customers that outgrew their box multiple times. The result was a bit more chaos than the elves knew what to do with around her toward the end of the sale!
So here are your steps:
1. Decide if you want to BUY-AN-ENVELOPE or BUY-A BOX.
2. Purchase either before the sale starts so you are ready. Only buy it one time!!
3. When you are buying your goodies, select the "I BOUGHT A BOX" choice in the shipping drop down menu so that you are not charged for shipping each time you place a new item in your box. This is basically your free shipping option for the rest of the items [until you fill your box].
4. If you do not select "I BOUGHT A BOX" as your shipping option when you purchase items, we will assume that you wish to receive the product right away and you want it shipped right away and you do not wish to accumulate items. Believe it or not, there are many customers for whom this is their own personal Christmas and they look forward to receiving the packages each and every day. Enjoy!
Please know that if you forget to select the "I BOUGHT A BOX" option for shipping during checkout, we will not be able to change it. Due to the sheer volume of 12 DAYS customers, we really only have the opportunity to see what is chosen and ship or not ship based on the info you have provided during checkout. Thank you so much for understanding!
Remember you will BUY-A-BOX only once before the sale begins. This will make all of us- you and us- ready for the sale before it even begins!! You can of course still BUY-A-BOX on the first day of the sale or on any other day that you begin shopping the sale. Basically if you want to accumulate your goodies, you must BUY-A-BOX first. If you fill up your box, we will ship it to you and email you right away to let you know that you will need to purchase a new box if you want to keep shopping.
Like we mentioned above, if you prefer, we can still ship things out to you each day and you will be charged shipping for each order. If you want to do that, then do not BUY-A-BOX at all and simply purchase your goodies and select regular shipping during checkout.
For international customers, charges will be adjusted to equal actual shipping costs.
WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR THE SALE TO START NEXT WEEK!